Saturday, September 26, 2015

Adventures in Rapid Prototyping

Week five at FIEA is officially over, and we are now knee deep in round two of Rapid Prototype production. On our first round we had to create a game in Flash, and my team created a little game called High Diver. In this game you control a handsome little chap and must perform feats of acrobatics in mid-air before splashing down in a kiddie pool.

Prior to this project I had never opened Flash in my life. The first week of trying to figure out how to create what was needed while simultaneously producing final assets was an ordeal, to say the least. I did eventually figure things out with the help of my amazing teammates, and the equally amazing artists around me. Here are some screen shots of the final artwork I created for the game:



Which brings us to round two! This time around I'm working with a completely new set of people, and like last time, I'm the only artist on the team. This fact is even more daunting now given that we are working in Unity and creating a fully 3D game. For this project we were given the specific task of telling a story, and my team is telling a cute little story about a dog trying to cheer up his boy. I've just finished completing the models/textures for the portion of the game we will be demoing on Tuesday for our interim presentation, and am now working on the character models that will be used in the game.

This project will be a particular challenge for me due to the fact that we need a fully rigged and animated biped character, and as the only artist, this responsibility falls to me. Having never rigged anything before, I definitely have my work cut out for me! Updates coming soon! In the meantime, here's what the set for is looking like so far:

No comments:

Post a Comment